It is January already and while you may be worrying about Tax Returns, Valentines Day, and Girl Scout Cookies you should also take the time to think about your HVAC and Refrigeration Systems. Spring is an excellent time to clean and maintain your HVAC and Refrigeration systems because with Summer just around the corner you don't want to be caught with an AC that doesn't work or a Cooler that doesn't cool when those Texas Spring and Summer Temperatures begin to rise. Here are some tips to keep your Commercial and Residential HVAC and Refrigeration systems in tip top shape this spring.
- If it has been more than 5 years since your HVAC system has been tuned up you should contact Ingle Air or a HVAC Professional to check your system for potential leaks and maintenance.
- If you live near the coast you should keep your system regularly maintained due to corrosion from Salt Fog. Ingle Air uses a specialized coating to protect your coils from being needed to be replaced from corrosion.
- With spring around the corner now is a good time to cut back on any plants or vegetation that may be too close to your unit. If at all possible having a 12" perimeter clear of plants and vegetation can improve the efficiency of your HVAC unit and lower energy costs.
- Spring showers means spring mold and pollen. Invest in a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter to keep your allergies in check.
- When was the last time you cleaned your commercial cooler? If it's been more than 30 days then it is long overdue for a proper cleaning and tuneup. Contact Ingle Air to make sure your Commercial Cooler is in proper working order.
- Check your cooler door hinges to make sure they are aligned and closing properly. Hinges should be replaced on an annual basis to ensure that your cooling unit isn't working overtime due to a cooler door that doesn't close properly.
- Has it been 6 months since you changed your Commercial Ice Machine filer? Does your ice smell or have a bad taste to it? Then your unit is overdue for a replacement water filter and a thorough cleaning.